Jeremiah 29:11-13 (Amp) "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday! No, today is not my birthday. It's not even anyone in my family's special day! It's a friend I have on Facebook, it's his special day! Now, this friend, I don't see him often, in fact hardly ever. And we don't go to lunch together or get together on the weekend or even during the various sports seasons to cheer on our favorite teams. No, I know it's his birthday because of Facebook. Some might find that strange. My mother would be one. She doesn't see the point of 'friending' all these people through an anonymous tool like Facebook. I don't agree!

Facebook is a wonderful tool. It's allowed me to get back in touch with friends from my childhood as well as those from college. I've also made connections with friends from church and complete strangers that I've met through a website I joined and of course those famous Facebook games that we all play but don't admit to playing! :)

My point is this, whether I know you from childhood, college or even if you're a new member of my friendship circle, if it's your special day I'm going to celebrate with you! Life is a GIFT! Every precious moment we share on this earth is a gift from our Father! Today, Monday, is another day I get to hug my children, kiss my husband, smell the flowers outside and eat a piece of chocolate cake! Take a moment today and truly appreciate all that is before you, the good and the bad, even if it's not yet your special day!

Happy Birthday! *HUGS* God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment