Jeremiah 29:11-13 (Amp) "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Laughter

It never fails to amaze me how much laughter can come from two little people! My children are mastering a new Nancy Drew Mystery game on their computer and instead of being scared of what's around the corner they're giggling like crazy! I love it! Hearing their laughter causes me to smile and delight in the sound of their joy and laughter.

How often have you laughed today? More times than not I lay my head on my pillow at night and know that I have not spent enough of my day laughing. Too many bills to pay, too many things to do, another request for cupcakes or cookies or to help out with that activity, etc. The list of things and often people demanding my attention seems to grow exponentially every day. The result is a distinct decrease in my laughter quotient! This cannot continue!

Laughter fills our hearts with joy and lightness! It's absolutely contagious! Have you been in a room with a child who found something hilarious and couldn't contain their laughter? How long was it before you were laughing with them, perhaps not even knowing what they were laughing about! I laugh at my son every time he eats a lollipop! No matter what flavor it is he always manages to have it all over his face, cheeks and lips! And as soon, and I mean as soon as the stick hits the garbage can, he's looking for me to give me a big sticky wet goopy kiss! I love those kisses! They make me smile and when I look at his completely satisfied face I laugh!

You know January is not the only time to make resolutions. Make one today to Laugh more! Bring more lightness into you day, your heart and your life. You'll find that it is indeed contagious! God Bless!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment