Jeremiah 29:11-13 (Amp) "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

Hello world! My name is Tracey Hartman. I am a wife, Mom to two beautiful children and a friend to many. I hope to also be your friend as I go on this journey.

What is the purpose of this blog? To talk and share with my children my heart. Often my words on paper are more eloquent than they are as they come out of my mouth. I hope to also make some new friends as others find this page and hopefully you'll find a kindred spirit in me.

Today's wisdom is simple; always put the feelings of others before your own when you're thinking of saying something unkind. Too many times we don't think of what we're about to say before we say it, we just blurt it out and never think of the consequences our words will have. Words have impact. Think of how many times someone has told you how pretty you look today or that you played an excellent game that afternoon. Did your chest puff up just a little? Of course it did, we swell with good words. Our confidence is given a boost and the light shines just a little bit brighter. Now let's do this same exercise when someone says something ugly to you or about you. What happens? Our hearts hurt, sometimes we cry, sometimes we get angry but mostly we don't understand how that person could have said those things about us. When or where did they get the impression that saying something so hurtful was ok? Well, perhaps no one told them it wasn't ok or perhaps they are so used to having bad things spoken about themselves it's their normal. Either way a hurt has happened and the only way to make it better is to apologize and hope to move forward. Does the apology erase from your mind the hurtful things that were said? No, unfortunately not.

If we work on only saying kind words to others and about others then we'll never have to worry or wonder if our words have caused another person pain. This lesson used to be understand by all of us but over the last several years its message has been lost. I'm a bit old fashioned so let's bring the good ones back to the forefront of our minds and help make our world a better place to live!

God Bless you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment